Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pulled Chicken

So, struggling to come up with new and creative dinner ideas for the GF and me, I turned to the Seattle PI for some tasty recipes. The first one I tried was an absolute winner and about the easiest meal I have made in ages. This pulled chicken sandwich was tasty as they gave the recipe, but I modified a few things and it came out even better. If you add about 2 more tablespoons of vinegar and 2/3 to 1 Tablespoons (remember, 3 teaspoons to the tablespoon!) of Tabasco, the recipe really shines. I am not a big vinegar fan, even in a normal barbeque sauce, but for some reason I think it really adds to a pulled meat sandwich.

For BBQ sauce, you could make your own but that defeats the laziness factor of this (took me only 10 minutes to make). Instead, I used my favorite from-the-bottle sauce, Sweet Baby Rays. I used the original, but their spicy recipe is good too (if you use that, you can cut out most of the Tabasco). And for chicken, I did as they said (lazy!) and used a rotisserie chicken bought at Safeway.

Overall, this was a great dinner, and one big sandwich filled me up. There was enough for probably 4 generous sandwiches. Next on my list to try, this and this.

No comments: